Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tagged!? Me?

I was soooo about to do my nursing note for the day's shift, practicing my SBAR format and then start to type some of my IPR (Interpersonal Process Recording - a word for word account of what he said/I said with notes about what I think he meant and whether I think I did a good job of responding/redirecting). I also planned on getting physically ill thinking about what in god's name I will talk about with my patient tomorrow and wondering how in god's greenest I managed to select the one man on the unit who looks 85% like my dead father. Well, other than the right BKA and left AKA. And the tweety bird tattooed on the side of his head and the CBR and the flaming eight ball on his hand.
But no.

*RULES - Post rules before giving the facts - Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves - People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules - At the end of the your blog you need to tag six people and list their names - Leave them a comment on their blog, telling them they have been tagged and not to forget to read your blog.*


1. I feel weird saying I'm queer since I've never had a girlfriend. a sketchy sexual history, but never a sustained relationship. And I don't see that happening in the next 18 months either.

2. speaking of 18 months, I haven't had sex with another person in at least that long. Apparently, when I decided to stop sleeping with men for a while, I sent some sort of "No, thanks" to the universe.

3. I really enjoy picking the dead skin off my feet. I have become brave enough to get one of those horrid shaver-things recently, but I'm terrified to use it with the force needed, scared that it will slip and I'll slice off the end of my toe.

4. Speaking of toes, I can't feel the tips of my great toes. It happened about six months after I started waiting tables (HOLY BIRTHDAYS BATMAN, that was 12 years ago!), and I was still covered by my mom's insurance. The doc squeezed my toes and shrugged. They look sort of long-bath-prune-y all the time.

5. I haven't been to the dentist in 7 years. I overheard a woman that I was waiting on say, "Well, everyone goes to the dentist twice a year, I just don't understand how something like that could happen!" And until I left my husband, I know that I never considered the possibility that I might not be able to get my teeth cleaned q 6 months.

6. Secretly, I love the abbreviations of medical terminology. It makes me feel proud to be able to remember what the NOS in a psych diagnosis stands for. (not otherwise specified, when something's not *quite* in the diagnostic criteria)

7. I'm a know-it-all. Always have been. I can remember being aware of this in kindergarten and chasing around the girls that had told me they didn't like me, asking them if "it was me, or my big mouth" that they didn't like. cringe.

8. I have given myself a series of mouth ulcers this summer from eating tomatoes from my mom's garden, and I'm getting ready to go make another tomato sandwich!

1 comment:

minority midwife said...

Some of these pertain to me! LOL

LP